vineri, 2 aprilie 2010

"View From the Middle of the Road Vol II" Compiled by Lucinda Clark - Book Review

Lucinda Clark did something very powerful - she compiled poetry from four authors whose lives represent most Americans. The works are sensitive, truthful, and most of all, come from the writer's heart.Makal Ani speaks from the heart. The poems are moving, touching, and heart rending. When I read Makal's poems I had to read them very slowly, taking in very word. Makal's words brought me to a place of questioning.Lucinda Clark portrays American life as it is. She talks about women learning to use power tools and baseball. She also talks about death, feelings and spirituality. Lucinda's display of words gives a well-rounded aspect of who we are. I realized I was doing a lot of nodding when reading Lucinda's work.Robert Ward talks about spirit. He puts the reader in place of understanding and accepting the work of God. Through his work, Robert's words of wisdom are poignant and tender. I was able to get in touch with my own beliefs and truths.Toni Quest's poems are short and very effective. She brings subtle humor into her work. As women we can chuckle about the truths Toni portrays so well. I chuckled, and at the same time, came to a realization that, yes, chocolate is seductive.It is not easy to compile a book of poetry, let alone choose which ones to publish. I was captivated by Lucinda's collection right from the start. To me, reading poetry must be done from a place of prevailing compassion otherwise it ends up being a collection of words with no meaning.I commend Lucinda Clark very highly in being able to create a collection of poetry that is powerful, passionate, and loving. Each of the pieces in "View From The Middle of The Road, Vol II" tugged on my heart in some way, from deep thinking to laughing out loud. Recommended highly! dr seuss book collection

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu